I recently researched the keyword toolbar in the Keyword Research and Suggestion Tool. I looked for some ideas on what people want to know about toolbars. Surprisingly, I found out that what a lot of people search for is, actually, information on how to uninstall, remove or delete a toolbar. So, I decided to put some instructions here on the blog to make life easier for those who need support with this.
How to delete, uninstall or remove VRE Toolbar
This one is the easiest to remove, because both IE and Firefox versions have the Uninstall menu item. This is why we never receive “how to delete VRE toolbar” questions.
But if you simply need some browser space, use the Hide option, so that you don’t have to re-install the toolbar when you need it again.
How to remove, delete or uninstall just about any IE toolbar, including Yahoo, Google or MSN
You can uninstall Internet Explorer toolbars through your Add/Remove Programs window:
- Click the Windows “Start” button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select “Control Panel” from the “Settings” menu.
- Double-click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
- Scroll down and click on the unwanted toolbar entry. For example, “Google Toolbar for IE” or “Yahoo! Toolbar”.
- Click on “Change/Remove.”
- Close any open IE windows.
How to uninstall, delete or remove just about any Firefox toolbar, including Google, Yahoo, or AOL
You can use the Extension Manager in Firefox to remove a Firefox toolbar:
- Click the “Tools” menu in the Firefox browser.
- Click the “Extensions” menu item (“Add-ons” in Firefox 2).
- In the Firefox Extensions Manager window, scroll down and click on the unwanted toolbar entry. For example, “Yahoo! Toolbar” or “Google Toolbar for Firefox”.
- Click “Uninstall”.
- Click “OK” or “Uninstall” in the confirmation window.
- Exit Extension Manager. Restart your browser.
If this uninstall method doesn’t work for you, your Firefox user profile may be corrupt. You might need to create a new user profile for your browser.
That’s it. If you have a question about removing a toolbar from your browser, please, post a comment.